RE: Oracle 11gR2 is GA today

  • From: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>, <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 10:24:36 -0400

I still have one customer who has an Oracle 6 database they maintain -
once a quarter they have to run a report against it, but their BI tool
doesn't support 6, so they have to export from 6, import to 8i, export
from 8i, import to a 9.2.0.8 instance, something like that.

And we have at least a couple hundred customer 9i databases under
management, and even more customers are just now starting to roll out
11g.  The old, "if it ain't broke..." argument.

Matt