RE: Oracle 11g - Invisible Indexes

  • From: "Robert Freeman" <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "K Gopalakrishnan" <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 22:53:46 -0600

Yes, but the _use_nosegment_indexes parameter is not supported, of course,
and the clincher is that it's not dynamic. I'm suggesting that at some
point, we might have Oracle dynamically creating indexes for us in the
background, and if we didn't look, we would never know it happened, ALA
automatic SQL tuning in 11g where we get profiles dynamically created on the
fly. I'm suggesting that this is the first step towards that end.

Cheers!!

RF

Robert G. Freeman
Oracle Consultant/DBA/Author
Principal Engineer/Team Manager
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Father of Five, Husband of One,
Author of various geeky computer titles
from Osborne/McGraw Hill (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 11g New Features Now Available for Pre-sales on Amazon.com!
BLOG: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com/
Sig V1.2

Author: Oracle Database 10g RAC Handbook, Oracle Press 2006
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007146509X/