Oracle 11g Client -- Adding CPAN modules to Oracle PERL distribution?
- From: "Vordos, Suzy" <Suzy.Vordos@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:46:30 -0700
Linux RedHat5 & Oracle 11g client We have applications that interface to Oracle using the standard PERL/DBI interface. Since the Oracle 11g Client includes PERL/DBI we would like to take advantage of it. However, our software also uses other CPAN modules which are not included in the Oracle PERL distribution. Is applying other CPAN modules to the Oracle 11g client software distribution acceptable practice? If so, how would we compile modules which include C-based source. Apparently the Oracle PERL software is compiled with the "icc" compiler which we do not have. Just wondering how others take advantage of the Oracle PERL distribution but also include other CPAN modules. This communication is the property of Qwest and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments. -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l
Other related posts:
- » Oracle 11g Client -- Adding CPAN modules to Oracle PERL distribution? - Vordos, Suzy
- » Re: Oracle 11g Client -- Adding CPAN modules to Oracle PERL distribution? - Fuad Arshad