Re: Oracle 11.2.1.3 Without upgrading Solaris OS to Sol 10 u6 as recommended by Oracle ???

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: raindoctor@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 08:10:33 -0500

It may work, but the trouble you will have is that Oracle probably wont
support the configuration, which will put you on your own when problems come
up.  Plus, to be sure everything works properly you will have to validate
every process, and every single component you use in your application.  I
would think the required testing alone would make it cheaper to do the
upgrade by the book.

--
Andrew W. Kerber