Re: Oracle 10g hangs intermittently waiting for I/O

  • From: Paweł Kotlarz <pkotla@xxxxxx>
  • To: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 21:32:10 +0200

Yes, all volumes are RAID-5 sets. I am now working with the storage guys
and hope that we will be able to thoroughly check all the subsystems. I
will share our findings to the list.

Thanks for all suggestions!

Pawel

On 2009-05-16 22:02, Cary Millsap wrote:
I keep thinking "RAID cache flush" as I read this thread, but I don't think I've seen anyone mention it yet. RAID 5 perchance? I hate guessing instead of measuring...

Cary Millsap
Method R Corporation
http://method-r.com
http://carymillsap.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/cary_millsap

2009/5/16 Rajeev Prabhakar <rprabha01@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:rprabha01@xxxxxxxxx>>

    Hi Pawel,

    In no particular order, please check with your sysadmins/storage admins
    about the following :

    a) Queue depth of the LUNs / associated optimal settings for your
    storage.

    b) Any unsuccessful microcode/firmware upgrade on the FC fabric.

    c) Double check for any combination of any FC/non-FC drives
       OR any failure of drives/associated raid group rebuild errors.

    d) LUN level i/o statistics and any out of ordinary observations.

    -Rajeev