RE: Oracle 10g hangs intermittently waiting for I/O

  • From: Fmhabash <fmhabash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rprabha01@xxxxxxxxx>, Paweł Kotlarz <pkotla@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 18:27:33 -0400

Just to pust some numbers here...
If you produce an awr comparison report between a good and a bad period, how
are these numbers looking...
- average read ms
- physical reads / sec

Throughout my experience with IO related issues, my most effective forensic
evidence was these 2 stats on the db  end. As DBA's we were asked to produce
these stats after which sys/storage admins had to explain. Im my last
engagement, we produced awr trend reports showing up 650ms read times on undo
and temp tablespaces. In this particular instance, db was migrated to a new
storage subsystem.

Thank You.