Oracle 10g hangs ...earlier running smoothly

  • From: Saad Khan <saad4u@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 10:43:24 -0400

Good Morning fellows,

In one of our R&D boxes, we have 10g installed on SUSE linux. It was working
fine and in use of users for various apps.
Yesterday a user reported me that he cant run sqlplus locally and cant get
connected from the client either.

I checked the same thing and found it true. Actually whenever I ran the
sqlplus, exp, imp, or any binary locally, it gets hang. Same thing happens
when I try to connect from client. One thing I saw wierd that the whole
ORACLE_BASE directory had the permissions set to 4755, setting the "sharing"
bit on. I switched it back to 755 while keeping the "oracle" file
permissions to 4755 but still face the same problem. It hangs on sqlplus or
any other oracle binary.
Tried relinking all but still no good.
I cant reboot the box right now. My instinct says its something regarding
the permissions but not sure what more can I do.

Can anybody help me please? Any input regarding it will be highly
appreciated.

Thanks.

Sid