Re: Oracle 10g Training

  • From: "Don Seiler" <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AGUERRA@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:48:57 -0600

I'm actually sitting in the Oracle 10gR2 DBA Workshop I class right
now (just finished up the last lab and am about to leave) in Middleton
(coincidentally).  There is some mention of some of the handy v$ and
dba_ views.  I'm not sure how deep you want it to go, but in my
opinion it would seem a bit dry and boring to sit in a class and go
through view after view.  That kind of thing is well documented and
I'd rather get it from there for free rather than pay $X thousand
dollars to hear it.

Just my $0.02

On 1/12/07, Guerra, Abraham J <AGUERRA@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Paul,

Well, I'm not so much interested in block dumps as much as those v$ views
that I have seen mentioned here in this list that I didn't even know they
existed...

Most classes I've gone to (except Steve Adams's seminar) have been just an
overview of things (tip of the iceberg).  I would like to go to a class that
goes a bit deeper into the water sort of speak.

I live in Madison Wisconsin.