Oracle 10g R2 RAC on Sun Solaris 10 with EMC storage
- From: "Venkata Giri PG" <dbagiri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:21:13 +0000
We are in the process of setting up 3/4 node RAC with the following
Oracle 10g R2 RAC
Oracle Clusterware / Sun Cluster / Veritas Cluster
Sun Solaris 10
I would appreciate if some one shed some light on:
* ) What is the best clusterware for this configuration (Veritas cluster /
Sun Cluster / Oracle Clusterware). Are there any risks if I don't use
veritas cluster / sun cluster ware.
* ) Is cluster filesystem a compulsory component or Can I use ASM instead of
Cluster File system.
* ) Are there any known risks invovled in using ASM. How is the I/O
performance with ASM on EMC with Solaris ? what are the risks involved
* ) If I don't use cluster filesystem where to put CRS repository and voting
disk ? Do I have any option other than raw partition
* ) What is best option for Oracle_Home, shared oracle home or sepereate
oracle_home on each node ?
* ) Is GigE okay for interconnect or do I need to go for Infiniband ?
* ) Is there any notes on Best practices for the above components
*) Do I need to consider fail over option for NIC's (interconnect and
public), if yes, how to do that ?
*) Are there any other risks do I need to consider ?
Thanks in advance..
Other related posts: