Oracle 10g Mview Refresh Performance Isses

We are currently testing Oracle 10g performance and functionality, and have
run into severe performance degredation issues in performing fast refreshes
of materialized views.  In some cases, the refreshes fail with ORA-07445
errors.  In opening at least two TARS with Oracle, their analysts have given
us optional parameters that did not work, have pointed us to patchsets that
are not yet available on our platform, and finally gave us a customized
patchset.  In light of these issues, we have decided we will NOT be
migrating this particular application to Oracle 10g in production for some
time to come.

Has anyone else run into such issues?  We have noted that a typical fast
database refresh, even when it does work, takes at least 50% longer compared
to a typical Oracle 9i implementation.