Re: Oracle 10g

  • From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Waleed.Khedr@xxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 18:32:01 -0600

MessageHi,

I don't have a chance to check it but is the "main" SQL shown in v$sql because
it is what the underlying X$KGLCURSOR reports or is it just a hack in V$SQL
which reports QC session SQL instead?

Alternatively, if you set 10046 trace in QC before running parallel operation,
do you see the "main" SQL parsed in slave processes? If yes, then Oracle
probably has changed the PX cursor handling, meaning that no layer is hidden,
it's just how it works now (or Oracle has been very thorough with hiding this
layer ;)

Tanel.