Re: Ora Apps ERD's

  • From: cosmin ioan <cosmini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 17:55:30 -0800 (PST)

thanks Fuzzy;
you got it!

I'll download another recent trial of ErWin and take it for a spin but
I don't have high hopes for that ;-)

I think Cosmin meant aligning the visual layout.  You know, getting the
boxes and lines on the ERDs unjumbled, relationship links lined up
nicely with no crazy detours around the page, related tables drawn
vaguely close to each other.

The kind of alignment that any ER modelling system - ERWin,
PowerDesigner, System Architect - is soooo good at doing for you ...
NOT! :-)

Ciao
Fuzzy

Grant Allen <gxallen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: John Kanagaraj wrote:
> Cosmin,
>> Any way around that, are there  better/more complete resources.... other
>> than reverse-engineering schema's with ERWin or some other tools....
>> which
>> will involve extensive manual object alignment and the like?
>
> And why do you want to do this? EBS is very stringent about not
> modifying any of the 'standard' objects and code. Changing this will
> result in an unsupported configuration and result in major hassle for
> your company...

I think Cosmin meant aligning the visual layout.  You know, getting the
boxes and lines on the ERDs unjumbled, relationship links lined up
nicely with no crazy detours around the page, related tables drawn
vaguely close to each other.

The kind of alignment that any ER modelling system - ERWin,
PowerDesigner, System Architect - is soooo good at doing for you ...
NOT! :-)

Ciao
Fuzzy
:-)