RE: Operational Excellence - True or False? (Feel free to explain if so inclined)

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Guillermo Alan Bort' <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 15:20:33 -0500

This touches on where I was going with my thought processes.

It seems to me to be similar to the idea of multi-classing for those of us who
used to play RPGs back in the day.

It seems to me (and perhaps I'm wrong) that an individual can achieve a higher
level of expertise through a targeted/focused approach in a specific area or
skill set.  When a person tries to achieve the same level of expertise in 2
similar (but also very different) skill sets, the proficiency in both is
_behind_ any individual who takes the targeted approach and will always remain
behind.

-Chris