Re: OpenWorld

  • From: Bill Ferguson <wbfergus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DEEDSD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 14:08:22 -0600

I haven't been to OpenWorld in around 6 years or so, primarily because it's
so expensive, and being in the government, it usually starts shortly after
our new fiscal year begins and we don't have an official budget yet, so we
are stuck trying to get by until at least January, sometimes not until March
or so, on just a small percentage of our previous year's budget. The last
one I went to, there were a lot of good and interesting sessions, but most
of the ones I wanted to attend were all at the same time in different rooms,
and most of the rest were about things I had absolutely no interest in, like
the whole suite of Oracle Apps, etc. Also at that time, it seemed like most
of the emphasis was geared towards the apps people, and if your main
interest was database or development, then you were far better off going to
IOUG or something else.

Anyway, since RMOUG was mentioned in an earlier post, I just received an
email from them that they are now ready to accept abstracts for possible
presentations (due by Wed., Sept. 22, 2010).

For anybody interested, the web address with details is at:
http://www.rmoug.org/training.htm

--
-- Bill Ferguson