From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri May 20 14:42:59 2005
Subject: Opatch rant

Wanna see something interesting with opatch?
*nix: perl -cw $ORACLE_HOME/OPatch/opatch.pl

Windoze: perl -cw %ORACLE_HOME%\opatch\opatch.pl

Anyone else have trouble with opatch and Perl 5.8.3?

Windows 2003
Perl 5.8.3
Opatch 1.0....52

Opatch either exits with an error code that is a very long negative number,
or just spits out its copyright information and quits.

Interestingly, installing Perl 5.0.00503 in OH/Apache cures the problem, as
the opatch.bat script will find it there and it runs happily.

5.8.3 seems to work fine on a Win2K box with the same version of opatch.

--
Jared Still

BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS
Spam: