        From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ext Onkar N Tiwary
        Sent: 21 July, 2005 15:21
        To: Vuorio Jorma (Nokia-BI/Espoo)
        Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: Opatch error

        Hi Jorma,

        Thanx for the quick reply. I had done this only but then i was
getting the said error : -

               E:\OraHome_1\2617419\OPatch>opatch apply

               Oracle Interim Patch Installer version 1.0.0.0.53
               Copyright (c) 2005 Oracle Corporation. All Rights
Reserved..

               We recommend you refer to the OPatch documentation under
               OPatch/docs for usage reference. We also recommend using
               the latest OPatch version. For the latest OPatch version
               and other support related issues, please refer to
document
               293369.1 which is viewable from metalink.oracle.com

               Oracle Home = e:\orahome_1
               Location of Oracle Universal Installer components =
        E:\orahome_1\oui
               Location of OraInstaller.jar  = "E:\orahome_1\oui\jlib"
               Oracle Universal Installer shared library =
        E:\orahome_1\oui\lib\win32\oraInstal
               ler.dll
               Location of Oracle Inventory Pointer = N/A
               Location of Oracle Inventory = E:\orahome_1\inventory
               Path to Java = "E:\orahome_1\jdk\jre\bin\java.exe"
               Log file = e:\orahome_1/.patch_storage/<patch ID>/*.log

               The patch directory area must be a number.

               ERROR: OPatch failed because of problems in patch area.
               OPatch returns with error code = 170

               E:\OraHome_1\2617419\OPatch>

        Any idea?????????

        On 7/21/05, Jorma.Vuorio@xxxxxxxxx <Jorma.Vuorio@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

                Ave !

                At least in Unix, when You unzip the patch package, it
creates a
                directory which is same as patch number.
                Then You should go to that directory and THERE run
optach.

                HTH
                Jorma

                ________________________________

                       We are trying to install OPatch on Oracle Portal
DB for the sake
                of exp-imp. As oracle says that this patch is required
to install bug
                which is there for Oracle Portal DB. But its giving the
error. Can
                anyone throw some light on this.

=
                E:\orahome_1\oui
                       Location of OraInstaller.jar  =
"E:\orahome_1\oui\jlib"
                       Oracle Universal Installer shared library =
                E:\orahome_1\oui\lib\win32\oraInstal
                       ler.dll
                       Location of Oracle Inventory Pointer = N/A
                       Location of Oracle Inventory =
E:\orahome_1\inventory
                       Path to Java =
"E:\orahome_1\jdk\jre\bin\java.exe"
                       Log file = e:\orahome_1/.patch_storage/<patch
ID>/*.log

                       The patch directory area must be a number.

                       ERROR: OPatch failed because of problems in patch
area.
                       OPatch returns with error code = 170

                       E:\OraHome_1\2617419\OPatch>

                       TIA