Re: Online patching - anyone using this?

  • From: Martin Bach <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Frits Hoogland <frits.hoogland@xxxxxxxxx>, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:01:09 +0100

Hi Frits,

thanks for your reply.

I'm actually referring to the online patching feature introduced in 11g
Release 1 (should have been more precise:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/em.112/e12255/oui7_opatch.htm#CHDCGJEB)

I know Laurent Schneider blogged about this, but his example uses 11.1
and the dummy patch he mentions is x86 only. The blog entry can be found
here:

http://laurentschneider.com/wordpress/2007/12/oracle-11g-hot-patching.html

Best regards,

Martin

On 03/29/2010 08:45 AM, Frits Hoogland wrote:
> this sounds a bit like the online patching oracle introduced with 9i for RAC.
> sounded like a charm, but it appeared no patches (at all) supported this
> newly introduced feature.
>
> frits
>
> On Mar 29, 2010, at 9:43 AM, Martin Bach wrote:
[...]
--
Martin Bach
OCM 10g