RE: Online Redefinition - FK on vs. FK off

  • From: Freeman Robert - IL <FREEMANR@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Mladen Gogala ' <mladen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx '" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 13:05:46 -0600

In fact, for the reasons you mention, I didn't want the FK's on... I just
realized after the fact that they were, and I was looking at the cost and
was like WOW! Phenominal. However, this is during the initial population of
the interim table, which I would think would not be impacted by fast or full
refreshes of the mview. My guess is they copy the data into the table and
then create the MVIEW afterwards using the prebuilt table clause..... don't
you think?

Robert