Re: On which server run RMAN when duplicating database

You can run it on either server.  I do a lot of RMAN duplications and I tend
to run it on the standby server.  Been a while since I looked at best
practices docs and I'm not sure if there's a particular reason to run it on
one server or another.  Others may have a stronger opinion about it.
Wherever you run it, you'll need a tnsnames entry for the other server.  If
you run it on the primary server your connections would be something like:

connect auxiliary sys/password@standbydb
connect target /
connect rman/rman@rcat

If you run it on the standby server, they would be something like:

connect auxiliary /
connect target sys/password@primarydb
connect rman/rman@rcat

Regards,