Re: OUI with 64 bit Fedora Core 3

  • From: Henry Poras <henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:34:24 -0400

Henry Poras wrote:

A colleague has tried running OUI (non, non!!) with his client being a 64 bit Fedora Core 3 box. An X window is appearing, but it stays empty and the session disconnects (xlcock works). Right now the problem seems to be pointing to the 64 bit nature of his box as someone else can run OUI from a 32-bit Fedora Core 3. Has anyone else been able to successfully run the Installer from this environment or is there a problem within the app in this envirnonment?

Good friends, good products, TAR time.

Thanks.

Henry

Well we found the problem. There is a new ssh flag in FC3 (trusted X - whatever that is). In the past, we could ssh onto a server using ssh -X to enable X tunneling via ssh (assuming proper configuration). For FC3 we need to run ssh with a -Y flag for the trusted option.

Henry