OT: what a whopper from amazon about Oak Furniture!

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 11:13:43 -0400

So I wanted an update on what Scott had to say about PL/SQL in 10g, and of
course I bought the Oak Table book.

Now I?ve gotten this from Amazon:

We've noticed that customers who have purchased Oracle Database 10g PL/SQL
Programming by Scott Urman also purchased books
by Peter S. Blundell. For this reason, you might like to know that Peter S.
Blundell's The Marketplace Guide to Oak Furniture?..

ROFLMAO!

That intersection might not be the null set, but I?ll bet it?s pretty close.
Now the work ?OAK? on the other hand, and a little bit of transitive data
mining logic gone awry produces a remarkable claim of a readership bond of
PL/SQL to Oak Furniture. Hmm, well I know that at least Cary and I like
woodworking, and I suppose there is a relationship between coding and liking
to build things, but come on!

Reminds me of the early English-Russian/Russian-English translator test. The
idea of one set of quality tests was to pump a phrase in, turn it back
around in the other direction and see whether it came back close to the
original meaning. So in goes ?The flesh is willing but the spirit is weak?
and back comes ?The steak is good but the wine is poor.? Or so the story
goes.

Regards,

mwf