From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of William Robertson
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 1:38 AM
To: 'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Re: OT: vim question

:%s/[0-9]/^M&/g

places a newline before every digit.

:%s/[0-9]\{1,\}/^M&/g

places a newline before every occurrence of one or more digits.

________________________________

[cid:[email protected]]

Taylor, Chris David<mailto:ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
15 February 2011 21:30

Ok I can't find it...

Where you're doing a search & replace, how do you keep from replacing the
characters you're searching for:

I want this:

:1,$s/[0-9]/^M/  --- but this replaces whatever matches in 0-9 with a carriage
return - I actually want it to not replace but insert a carriage return after
finding the number string and keep the number.

Chris

JPEG image