Re: OT : really useful info about Adobe reader

  • From: david wendelken <davewendelken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:20:32 -0400 (EDT)

I've been told that you can, within the Adobe post-script environment, black
out selected portions of a document so that one sees a document like this
(pretend X's represent blacked-out text):

"So and so is a crook," said XXXXXXXX.  "I saw him take a bribe."

And, I've been told that if you put said document on the internet, and it's
read over a very slow connection, you can see the original document painted on
the screen and then the blacked-out layer painted over it - which means you can
read the blacked-out portions of the document.

I suspect that also means you could open up the file with the appropriate
editing software and see the original text also.

Haven't verified that technical details, but it sounds plausible.

Anyone know for sure?