Re: OT: find command on rhel4 not working with mtime

I've been having some odd issues with find where the order of the filters
mattered.

try to put -mtime before -name and see if that helps

Stefan

On 7/8/06, Steve Perry <sperry@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Didn't know if anyone else has run across this, but I spent 1.5 hours trying to get a tried and true find command to work on RHEL4 (32-bit) without success.

I wanted to  delete the audit files in $ORACLE_BASE/admin/<SID>/
adump  that were older than 60 days. It shouldn't be rocket science
or so I thought.

the command was

find $ORACLE_BASE/admin/<SID>/adump -name "ora*.aud" -mtime +60

It was supposed to have " -exec rm {} \;", but I never got that far
because it wouldn't return any files.

i could use -60 and it would return files less than 60 days, but "+"
failed to return anything. I tried ctime as well, but nothing.
man and google didn't return anything.

Anybody run across this before?
I thought I'd ask before writing a perl script. Does anyone have any
one-line perl scripts before I write a longer one?

Thanks,
steve