Re: OT - SarBox paranoia prevention ?

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chip.briggs@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:07:52 -0800

Hi Chip,

Share the pain.  Point out to the auditors that system administrators
can easily have the same access by including themselves in the
DBA group on the server.  They can then login as SYSDBA, the mother
of all DBA accounts.

You need to educate the managers, and the managers need to 'educate'
the auditors.  We've had similar issues here.  The auditors are not entirely
happy with this, but we are getting signatures on our accredation letter.

There is a point at which further security measures are too costly and
time consuming and inhibit the flow of business.  Managers will be more
willing to negotiate this with auditors when they fully realize the
consequences.

Jared

--
Jared Still