Re: OT: Perl on Windows

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 11:36:56 -0800

Hi Niall,

For DBD::Oracle/DBI issues you might like to the
join the DBI Users list at lists.perl.org.

The Perl Bookshelf CD from OReilly is quite useful, it has several
essential Perl books on the CD  includes a paper copy of Perl in a Nutshell.

Perusal of articles at www.perl.com could also be useful.

As for where to start, learning Perl on Win32 would be a good place,
though strangely enough, it does not appear to the on the CD.

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlcdbs4/

I say 'strangely' because I have an earlier version which does include it.

--
Jared Still