Re: OT: MySQL Books

Ian,

I would avoid anything published by Sybex.

I bought OCP Oracle 10g New Features.

The back cover claims the entire book comes on a
'searchable printable PDF'

The PDF I got was unreadable on both my mac and my linux box.

I tried it on a win2k box,
the PDF triggered a 'phone home' message to a naked ip address.

It smelled like spyware to me.

Also I could not read it on the win2k box.

I've waited 4 days for a response from Sybex; nothing yet.

I'm bummed.

-msg