Re: OT Linux problem

problem solved.

Windows authentication through is enabled on this server.

A user can logon with the same account that is used to logon to Windows
servers.

There was a dba group in Active Directory.

ls -ldn revealed that rather than group 300, files set to dba by root were
being created with the GID from Winbind.

resolution: rename the AD group from dba to ldba (not being used anyway)

Jared Still