RE: OT Discussion- Priority of Performance Tuning...

  • From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:34:34 -0400

If it wasn't for perf tuning I wouldn't have a job. All of our application
support and db support has been outsourced. I've always been considered part
of the business side so I keep my job but I don't do any pure db work
anymore. It's all about the code, scalability and tracking down issues.
I think I've had one pure db problem in twelve year, 99% of problems come
down to what an app is doing, but 99% of people usually can't figure where
that problem is.