Re: OT: Anyone using Kindle for Oracle Docs and/or other tech docs?

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 22:02:01 +1000

Jared Still wrote,on my timestamp of 15/04/2011 12:53 PM:

Has anyone had good success with using the Kindle for Oracle docs
and other technical documentation?

The Kindle does have some limitations, such as a 200 file limit.

That shouldn't be a problem, as most of us probably only need a few documents
out of the documentation set.  Though I would like them for 9i, 10gR2 and 11gR2.

An iPad or other tablet would work, but Kindle has the following benefits:

iPad - or similar - all the way for pdf reading. eBook readers are useless for that file format, IMHO. iPhone/iPod Touch isn't half bad but the screen is a tad too small for some types of docs. And navigation is a bit strenuous. The larger screen on the pads makes that a LOT easier.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto