ORION results

  • From: Michael Schmitt <mschmitt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 16:22:08 -0600

Hi All,

I am messing around with ORION on a couple of different machines and I am
seeing results from a couple of servers that make me think something is goofy.
The files are sitting on a SAN with 15K disks in raid 5, and the results are at
the bottom of the email.  I was wondering if I was most likely seeing results
of caching on the server/SAN somehow (RHEL5 blades)?  When I run the same test
on the similar hardware, but a different set of disks on the SAN, I get numbers
like IOPS 281 , MBPS 378, latency 4.44.  Can anyone help explain the
differences?

ORION VERSION 11.1.0.7.0

Commandline:
-run simple -testname linuxprd2 -num_disks 8 (I just used this number because
it was the same in the doc)

Maximum Large MBPS=2257.83 @ Small=0 and Large=3
Maximum Small IOPS=172705 @ Small=36 and Large=0
Minimum Small Latency=0.01 @ Small=1 and Large=0