ORACLE_OCM USER

  • From: Nagaraj S <nagaraj.chk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 18:52:26 +0530

Hi Gurus,

I installed Oracle 10g 10.2.0.1 , then installed patch set 2 (10.2.0.3) into
that same ORACLE_HOME and did NOT enable OCM during the patch set
installation. After applying CPU patch I have noticed ORACLE_OCM user has
been created on my database.

Now there is the oracle_ocm account and scheduler jobs setup to gather
information.

Apparently we have revoked the inherited privileges(EXECUTE privileges on
UTL_FILE and DBMS_SCHEDULER) for ORACLE_OCM user, As part of it we get the
following errors the alert_log indicating the lack of privileges.

ORA-12012: error on auto execute of job 52

ORA-04068: existing state of packages has been discarded

ORA-04063: package body "ORACLE_OCM.<package name>" has errors

ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called

To resolve these errors, we must grant the missing EXECUTE privilege to the
ORACLE_OCM user.

The big question is, how do I safely get rid of all OCM components? Also is
it necessary to have ORACLE_OCM  user created on db. Can I drop the user, If
I drop will it impact any of my database components  please suggest

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Naga