re: ORACLE LICENSING - DR SITES - HELP

  • From: <Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:21:08 -0400

Guys,

Our rep. says that Oracle considers "active" to be updating a standby =
database with logs on a regular basis.  Whereas, I consider it to be the =
database being used by end-users for some business requirement.  What is =
everyone's experience with licensing a DR site????

In this article it states Oracle does not charge for backup database =
server unless it is used over 10 days a year.