• From: Rhojel_Echano@xxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:02:19 +0800

Hi everyone,
I got this error when I tried to open read only our standby database:
(from a 10046 trace)
ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-00372: file 1 cannot be modified at this time
ORA-01110: data file 1: 'F:\XPCWEB\DB\DATA\TBS_SYSTEM_01.DBF'

(from alert log)
ORA-01092: ORACLE instance terminated. Disconnection forced

I saw  documents that describe workarounds for this but mostly on primary
Standby is a different case, apparently.
I've scoured Metalink for an answer and I saw this forum in which an
Oracle support
personnel tried to point a customer to Note 222460.1 but it doesn't seem to
(the customer in that forum also informed the Support personnel that he
can't find
the said Note).

Anyone experienced this in the past? I would appreciate any help.

Rhojel Echano

put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.