Re: ORA-26028: index initially in unusable state

  • From: "Mark J. Bobak" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 08:27:59 -0500

I think the idea is to skip unusable indexes, do the load, then rebuild
the indexes w/ NOLOGGING.  If you rebuild the index before the load, the
index maintenance will cause significant logging.  It's faster and more
efficient to load while indexes are unusable.
-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
mark@xxxxxxxxx