Re: ORA-1555 error with AUM already enabled

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 08:55:01 -0700 (PDT)

> Try again with a guaranteed retention (alter tablespace <undo>
> retention guarantee) ...
> you may run into "unable to extend segment" errors in the Undo
> tablespace.

If OP is doing the traditional export, the little used option
resumable can be set to Y to prevent abort on space-related errors.

If it's expdp, there's no such parameter because expdp does it
automatically, and shows on screen "ORA-39171: Job is experiencing
a resumable wait" (except during the final index creation phase).
Also gone with expdp is resumable_timeout so it gives you only
2 hours' time to respond. But I think you can create a logon
trigger for the user doing expdp to set it.

Yong Huang