Re: ORA-1555

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 11:03:31 -0500

Check undo_retention parameter.

On 2/4/07, Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everybody

I have seen several time ORA-1555 error in few of the Prod Database. SOme of
them have very big UNDO tablespaces. All are 9i Databases. What are the
other option that need to be checked for such issue beside increasing the
space as some of the database has UNDO tablespace around 50-150G

Is it good to create new undo tablespace and make it default in such
scenario and later on dropped the old. Do somebody has set of UNDO checking
query that can be ran at some particular point to really see if that big
UNDO are really been used so that it can be resized.

I am thankful for any suggestion for monitoring such ORA-1555 as well as
query to check UNDO segment space.

TIA
Sanjay

 ________________________________
Finding fabulous fares is fun.
Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and
hotel bargains.

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev