ORA-12638

  • From: Jack van Zanen <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:44:02 +1000

Hi,

I have created a database link and when I do a query on it I get ORA-12638
(credential retrieval failed)
no problem I thought, I just change the sqlnet.ora file and comment out the
line that says
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)

Unfortunately this did not help

Ok try again and changed it to NONE instead of NTS. Again no luck.

meanwhile sqlplus sessions picked up the new setting and are working fine
from that same server as were the database link lives.

Do I need to bounce the database before the new setting gets picked up? I
tried metalink but found no information on this error in combination with
database links.

--
Jack van Zanen

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the
sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Thank you for your cooperation