ORA-12560 From Oracle 11g.

  • From: "Dhimant Patel" <drp4kri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:10:23 -0400

Hi All,
I have recently installed Oracle 11g Enterprise Ed. on redhat EL4, after
installing necessary patches. I have firewall enabled on this server. I also
have disabled SELinux security policy. I have 11g instance running and TNS
names configured.

Attempt to connect to this server fails with ORA-12560 errors. Here are
couple of tests done and their results.
1> I could ping this server from other machines.
2> I could ssh into this server.
3> I could tnsping/connect from being on the same machine.

4> I could not tnsping/connect from any other machine, which includes
including wide variety of oracle software installed - from 8i to 10g.
5> I could not even use Oracle instant client from any remote machine.

What should be the next logical step in this scenario?
-Thanks,
DP.