Re: ORA-12154 and standby

  • From: Ray Stell <stellr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:29:02 -0400

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 01:05:16PM -0500, genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have it set to the database name on the standby and primary sides:

the value I have set for the dest_2 is different from yours and
includes the db_unique_name for the far end, again, just a guess:

SQL> show parameter log_archive_dest_2

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
log_archive_dest_2                   string      SERVICE=fred_stby ASYNC
                                                    VALID_FOR=(ONLINE_LOGFILES,
                                                 PRIMARY_ROLE)
                                                    DB_UNIQUE_NAME=fred_stby