ORA-12154 and standby

  • From: <genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:58:37 -0500

Hello:

I have set up a standby database under oracle 10.2.0.1 and everything
looked great except for a minor detail -
the archived logfiles do not get copied to the standby server. When I look
at the v$archive_dest view I see
      ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified
03-18-2009 10:47:32 pcrp01d
for dest_ID which correspond to my standby.

I have checked the tnsnames.ora on the primary side and it looks OK.
tnsping finds the standby; I can
ping the host.  I have tried bouncing the listener on the standby side;
bouncind the standby DB itself
as well as primary db, but this error keep reapearring after 5 min pause.
If tnsnames.ora is OK, what
else could be the issue?

thank you

Gene Gurevich