Re: ORA-0600 SQL Statements

  • From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tim@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 13:26:38 -0700 (PDT)

Interesting Tim and potentially very evil... ;-), but
what I need is a SQL statement that generates an
ORA-0600... Need to test certain things that I can't
talk about...

RF

--- Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

---------------------------------
    Robert,

Well, one sure-fire way I know is to type in "oracle"
at the UNIXcommand-prompt and just hit "return" -- you
get a nice little,serious-looking ORA-00600 [12235]
message in your "alert.log" file.�This has been true
since Oracle v6, at least.� In some situations,
youalso get a nice ".trc" file to go with it...

However, I also know it's a sure-fire way to excite
any DBAs who haveautomated monitoring of their
"alert.log" files and trace files, so becareful about
doing this from an inter-personal perspective...
;-)�...especially if they get paged on such errors
and you're doing thisexperimentation at 3am... :-)
...please don't ask how I would know that?

Tim Gormanconsultant - Evergreen Database
Technologies, Inc.P.O. Box 1802, Evergreen CO
80437-1802website = http://www.evdbt.comemail   =
tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  = +1-303-885-4526fax     =
+1-303-484-3608

Robert Freeman wrote:        Hi folks....
  �
  Might sound like a silly question, but I'mlooking
for some SQL statements (the more basic the better) in
10gR2that will cause an ORA-0600 error. If you have
one and an associatedtest case that you could sent
that would be great. You can send to medirect mail
rather than through the newsgroup,
robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxxx
  �
  RF
  �

Robert G. Freeman
Oracle Consultant/DBA/Author
Principal Engineer/Team Manager
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Father of Five, Husband of One,
Author of various geeky computer titles
from Osborne/McGraw Hill (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 11g New Features Now Available for
Pre-sales onAmazon.com!
Sig V1.1
      �

Robert G. Freeman
Author:
Now Available for Pre-Sales on Amazon.com!!!!
Portable DBA: Oracle  (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i New Features (Oracle Press)