RE: ORA-04030 beating

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 13:54:53 -0500

The maximum size of a pl/sql table (array) used to be OS dependent. I
can remember when we tested and found the limit was only around 10M on a
Pyramid on 7.0 or maybe 7.1.

I image that the amount of available free real memory on the client may
also be important.

Is the client where the task is failing at 111M a Windows or UNIX box?
Is the client version the same as the database version?

Interested in what others can add.

-- Mark D Powell --
Phone (313) 592-5148