ORA-01940: cannot drop a user that is currently connected

  • From: mayur nagarsheth <mayurpnagarsheth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 11:11:41 -0500

Hello,

I am working on an issue where I need to drop users. These users have no
objects, no active sessions but still it gives me below error: L

*ORA-01940: cannot drop a user that is currently connected*

Has any one come across such an issue or does any one have suggestions other
than bouncing the database? I am still searching for other alternative.

I have rasied SR with Oracle but nothing seems to be effective until now and
only suggests for startup restrict and drop the user.

FYI, I checked the following just to ensure several things pertaining to
the user

1) select s.sid, s.serial#, s.status, p.spid

from v$session s, v$process p

where s.username = 'ACOSTA'

and p.addr (+) = s.paddr;

- no rows selected

2) Checked that the user is not associated with any active jobs:

select job from dba_jobs where log_user='ACOSTA';

- no rows selected

3) Finally, checked that the user is not associated with any Streams
replication queues:

select

   queue_table,

   qid