RE: ORA-01401: inserted value too large for column

  • From: Tony.Adolph@xxxxxx
  • To: Jeroen van Sluisdam <jeroen.van.sluisdam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:29:03 +0100

Hi Jeroen,
Thanks for the feedback.

The application is only loging the oracle error and not to which table /
column it refers.

I thought the 10046 event is more approriate for tracing wait events
etc... not the case? The application's session only runs for a few seconds
before the error occurs.  How would be the best way to alter the session?
Code it into the app just for testing?

Jeroen van Sluisdam <jeroen.van.sluisdam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
02/24/2005 04:07 PM

"'Tony.Adolph@xxxxxx'" <Tony.Adolph@xxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
RE: ORA-01401: inserted value too large for column

Somne logging in the application?
When PL/SQL is involved this error might occur also when variables
are defined too small.
extented trace like
execute immediate 'alter session SET EVENTS ''10046 trace name context
forever, level 12''';

Check last-sql statement in tracefile