ORA-01401: inserted value too large for column

  • From: Tony.Adolph@xxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:30:18 +0100

Hi all,
A developer here is trying to find the source of the error "ORA-01401:
inserted value too large for column".  He want to know which table /
column(s) are causing the problem.

The error is not logged in the alert log.

I set sql_trace = true and had him repeate his tests.  Although we got
bucket loads of trace files in both user_dump_dest and
backfround_dump_dest we did not get any trace files or errors relating to
ORA-01401.  I tried to grep for just the 1401 string, still nothing.

How can find the culprit here folks?

Cheers
Tony