ORA-01031 while connecting as SYS

  • From: "Prabhu, K" <prabhu_adam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 15:15:08 +0000

All,

After installing Oracle 9IR2 on RH Linux 8.0, while trying to access SQLPLUS as SYS user
we're getting error ORA-01031: insufficient privileges.  We tried connecting sqlplus from
the OS user which we installed the Oracle and have all the required OS groups assigned to it.
Both connect / as sysdba and with passord created from the orapwd utility have failed.
We also tried by connecting from OS user which has the same name as ORACLE_SID, but still we're facing the problem.

Your help in this regard is deeply appreciated.

Thanks
Prabhu

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l