Re: ORA-00018 issues

  • From: Maureen English <sxmte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 13:44:36 -0900

Thank you all for your helpful insights.  I've not completely
solved our problem, but I think I'm getting close.

These jdbc connections use connection pooling.  They are
shared server connections.  We set SHARE_SERVER_SESSIONS to 5
in our smaller databases, unless the users tell us that they
are using shared server connections.  Yes, I know this is
another one of those parameters that we only want to set if
we *really* want to limit the number of shared server connections.

It seems that the consultant's job needed at least 12 shared
server connections....  We'll see what happens next.

- Maureen