• From: "Finn Jorgensen" <finn.oracledba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ecpdba97@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 19:42:15 -0500

I haven't seen the particular error you're having, but why don't you
install another Oracle_home which is next to the other one
and migrate your RMAN instance to this oracle_home? In that way your
standby's stay on their current version and you get your RMAN instance
patched. Seems like it would solve both problems.