ORA 942 on mview refresh

  • From: "Stephens, Chris" <Chris.Stephens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 15:22:36 -0500

11.2.0.3 EE on RHEL5
I'm having a helluva time tracking down the source of an ORA-00942 error
refreshing a materialized view.

I've done "alter system set events '942 trace name errorstack level 3';" but
that just shows the call to dbms_mview.refresh as the SQL in the trace file.

As the owner of the materialized view I can run the SQL the MV is based on +
create the same MV with only a different name.

This is one of those materialized views built on a nested rabbit hole of other
views and materialized views which complicates things.

In the past, I gave up trying to figure out what the issue actually was and
just recreated the MV.  That fixes the issue for long periods of time (months)
but I'm feeling pretty bad about having to tell those affected that I haven't
been able to figure it out.

Does anyone have any further advice on how to figure out that the failing table
or view is?

Chris

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by email reply.